Hi all you Friends of Fantasy (FoF) I’m going to start posting these Articles on Fantasy Friday, starting this month:
Magical weapons have been around since before “Lord of The Rings.” They can be of any object; swords, rings, stones, or capes even, or it can be a heart — “Angelheart” as in my debut novel “The Lost Angels” This list is just a few magical weapons found in novels and comics:
- Excalibur — A magical sword given to King Author from the Lady In The Lake
- Dagger of Time – Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Phantom Sword – Legend of Zelda series. A sword created by the ocean king. Used to kill phantoms and to finish off Bellum.
- Parthia – Fire Emblem series. A bow of fire, regalia of House Archanea
- Crystalis – Crystalis. The titular sword is formed from four elemental blades
- Soul Reaver – Legacy of Kain series
- Magic Orbs — Orbs in Magic Knights gloves that bring fourth their weapons in Magic Knight RayEarth.
- Avo’s Tear – Fable. An ancient sword said to be as powerful as the legendary Sword of Aeons. This Sword was imbued with extraordinary power when the Guild Mage Solcius used it in a spell to close a large vortex.
- Cloak of Levitation — The purpose of the cloak is to give the user the ability to fly found by Dr. Strange
- Curoch – The Blade of Power from The Night Angel Trilogy
- Axe of Hereward in Charles Kingsley’s 1866 novel Hereward the Wake
- Ruyi Jingu Bang – A magical staff wielded by Sun Wukong in Journey to the West
- Sword of Gryffindor – In the Harry Potter series, a sword that was previously owned by Godric Gryffindor.
- Sting — Bilbo’s sword made by the elfs of Riverdale in Lord of the Rings
That’s just to name a few of magical weapons. I know there’s so much more that I could cover but it’s time to use some of these weapons to slay some monsters lurking around. If you have any you’d like to add feel free to comment below!